In the role of Software Engineering Lead, you will be building a team that will develop and support innovative software products that will re-imagine the virtual collaboration experience. You will be part of a larger team committed to building a more inclusive, collaborative and sustainable world. The successful candidate will work closely with the product management team to prioritize product and feature development. This is a role suited to someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about the opportunity to build a team from scratch to meet the emerging and changing needs of virtual collaboration. Ideally, this person has ten or more years of experience and has launched products into market.
Your Day-to-day Responsibilities
- Leading the development of a high-performance and scalable suite of software products and features that are purpose-built to democratize collaboration
- Setting the technology vision and roadmap for the suite of products
- Analyzing technology trends and product needs to continuously evolve the architecture, tools and procedures used by the team
- Managing the day-to-day product support operations activities
- Maintaining and fostering a collaborative environment with the product management team, business teams, partners and senior leadership teams
What You Offer
- Five or more years in a software engineering lead position in web product development with hands on experience.
- Experience building consumer web/mobile products in an agile environment
- Experience building APIs and integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience in driving the architectural strategy and delivery of a product from market validation to launch
- DevOps experience with deploying and maintaining product applications, experience in Heroku and AWS a plus
- Experience with full-stack development and maintaining product applications, experience in Postgres, React, React with Typescript, Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Excellent people manager who enjoys mentoring and motivating team members
- Strategic mindset and goal-oriented. Can balance short and long term objectives to achieve an outcome
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You will recruit a software development team to build high-quality, scalable software products that will re-imagine virtual collaboration.
- You will build a collaborative and inclusive team culture to support team members’ personal and professional goals.
- You will infuse your team with your passion for learning and collaboration
What We Offer in Return
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing into a unique position where we can enable real progressive change in the world.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We don’t believe in hiring for culture “fit.” We’re more interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- We encourage and incentivize all employees to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A generous annual allowance is provided to all employees in order to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace.
- We believe all systems require rest, including our organization. Therefore, we go offline for two weeks in December/January of each year, during which employees continue to receive their salary. We also offer a Flexible Time Off policy for all employees.
- We offer employees extended health benefits, including an EAP and a Wellness Spending Account.