Advisors support Sr. Advisors and Directors to develop and maintain relationships between our organizations and actors within the complex systems in which we work. Externally, they are ambassadors for Coeuraj. Internally, they support the development and implementation of our relationship-based strategies.
Advisors are responsible for supporting the growth of Coeuraj’s externally-facing work. Advisors work closely with Coeuraj’s Practice Team to help inform specific offerings that meet prospective clients’ needs.
Your Day-to-day Responsibilities:
- Supporting Directors in developing key strategies for Coeuraj’s Canadian operations to ensure we are seen as a trusted and credible agent of transformation
- Supporting Directors in building and maintaining an ecosystem of relationships to raise awareness of the Coeuraj Approach to systems transformation
- Identifying and triaging business leads and actively collaborating with team members throughout the sales process
- Supporting and occasionally leading sales processes
- Providing client-facing services related to advice, strategy, research and analysis
- Must have 5+ years of relevant work or educational experience related to a broad spectrum of interests on topics such as:
- Rural Development
- Housing Affordability
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Sustainable Finance
- Must be a strategic thinker that can see connections between people, policies, and problems and correlate those connections to opportunities
- Must be confident helping Sr. Advisors and Directors in pursuing, developing and closing business opportunities for professional services
- Must be oriented towards working with others to solve big, complex, societal problems
- Must have an ability to generate insights about the future of markets in the system-in-focus and use their insights to identify emerging business opportunities that lead to the transformation of the system-in-focus
- Must be committed to advancing collaboration as a means to improve systems so that they serve those for whom they exist
What you Offer:
- Pursuit of Mastery: You see learning as a lifelong journey that starts at birth and recognize that the more we know about something, the more we know we don’t know.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You are open to actively developing new business opportunities through actively engaging with your own and Coeuraj's network.
- Role Model: You act as a role model for both the team and clients. You create an effective working environment and contribute positively to the spirit within the team. You quickly and effectively develop working relationships.
- Team Player: You create an effective working environment and contribute positively to the spirit of the team and to the culture of the organization.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: You don’t seek binary answers and are happy with complex and challenging situations that often have no ‘one’ answer.
- Conflict Management: You bring conflicts and disagreements into the open and secure optimal resolution through escalation and support, particularly in high-stress situations.
- Resilience: You will work in a very dynamic environment. The people we work with are facing the most challenging problems that the world offers. It’s emotional work and will require you to be highly self-aware and self-regulating. Success in this environment will come with the ability to cope effectively with the stress and challenges present when working with other people who may be learning to cope with what’s in front of them.
What we Offer in Return:
- The opportunity to focus your work on transforming systems to enable biosphere integrity and build new models for working, thinking, living and being.
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing into a unique position where we can enable real progressive change in the world.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We don’t believe in hiring for culture “fit.” We’re more interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- We encourage and incentivize all employees to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A generous annual allowance is provided to all employees in order to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace.
- We believe all systems require rest, including our organization. Therefore, we go offline for two weeks in December/January of each year, during which employees continue to receive their salary. Each employee also earns three weeks of paid time off per year and paid personal days to use as they see fit.
- We offer all employees extended health benefits, an EAP, and a Wellness Spending Account.
Because we understand that great relationships are not formed overnight, we take the time needed to get to know each other honestly. Hiring the right person in the right role at the right time is a process that can’t be rushed.
We cannot contact each individual that applies for positions in our organization, so only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.