For a friendlier future to emerge, we need a new approach that unlocks the human potential for transformation living inside each and every one of us. Are you ready to join Coeuraj to enable this change as our new Data Engineer?
In the role of Data Engineer, you will be a key player in shaping a nascent data ecosystem which can host, analyze, and model over a wide range of behavioral data. You will join a new team dedicated to the goal of developing intelligence that helps us design, facilitate and understand human collaboration.
The successful candidate will be able to create (and make it better later) a fresh data engineering infrastructure for cutting edge behavioral research and work closely with the tech team to deploy quality data pipelines. This is a role suited to someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about the opportunity to design data structures that capture complex human behaviors. Ideally, this person has three or more years of experience. Comfort with NLP data modelling is essential.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- You will lead the design and implementation of quality pipelines that store and deliver behavioral data including natural language, gestures, facial expressions etc.
- You will develop, implement, and test innovative technologies to gather behavioral data.
- You will develop algorithms to automate ETL requirements for NLP modelling
- You will work with psychologists and data humanists to co-create novel ontologies that describe human interactions in digital and non-digital spaces
- You will co-create data governance frameworks for existing and new projects
- As a member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
- You will identify, document and promote data engineering best practices on the team
What You Offer:
- You are passionate about developing technologies that help people understand each other better.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in various aspects of data engineering.
- You have hands-on experience with NLP, mining of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, and ETL/ELT programming.
- You have accomplishments working with relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches
- You have demonstrated skills with Python. Experience with libraries like SpaCy, nltk, wordnet, Gensim is ideal.
- Experience with integrating with 3rd party APIs like Reddit, Twitter, etc. preferred but not necessary
- Experience with cloud storage services like Amazon EC2, S3, etc. preferred but not necessary
- You have an ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- You will develop a high-quality pipeline that can support and deliver a variety of behavioral data
- You will develop NLP codebases that will make it easier to extract insights from raw data
- You will co-create a data ecosystem that can move quickly from ingestion of new data to delivering quality insights
What We Offer:
- The chance to be an early-joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing its capacity to enable change.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We’re interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- A generous annual allowance for staff to use to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace at home.
- The encouragement and incentive for all staff to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A flexible time-off policy that allows all staff members to take the time off they need, alongside a company-wide 2 week paid closure at the end of December.
- Extended health benefits, including a wellness spending account and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Coeuraj’s Core Values:
Each member of our team exemplifies our values. As a collective, we hold ourselves accountable to these values and the guidance they provide during times of uncertainty, difficulty, and opportunity.
Our values are:
- Courage to embrace transformation and the discomfort that comes with it.
- Honesty to do and say what's needed to reach the right solution.
- Fortitude to stay the course and remain true to the purpose of the work.
In short, we value the courage, honesty, and fortitude it takes to constantly ask: How can we do better for ourselves and for those around us?
Coeuraj is committed to cultivating an inclusive and diverse organization and encourages anyone interested in the work we do to apply. We believe in creating an accessible and inclusive interview experience. Please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make to assist you during the interview process.
Due to the high number of applicants, we’ll only be contacting shortlisted candidates, but thank all those who apply in advance.