About Coeuraj Capital
Coeuraj Capital is a newly established private investment firm with members based in Victoria, Toronto, and New York. Officially launching in early 2022 and backed by a prominent Canadian Family, the firm’s mandate is to establish relationships with multi-generational families to partner in direct private investments. We combine a strategic market approach, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a commitment to creating enduring post-acquisition value.
We are looking to hire for the position of Director of Investor Relations, who will oversee all facets of our capital raising and investor relations activities. The Director of Investor Relations will drive the firm’s strategic investor relations program by working closely with internal stakeholders and engaging externally with the investment community, with a particular emphasis on establishing relationships with family offices and ultra-high net worth individuals. The role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including marketing and communications with prospective investors and relationship management of existing clients. The individual will interface with the investment community to provide investors information with respect to the firm’s investment strategies, approach, and investment opportunities. He/she will be responsible for the development of an effective communication strategy, presentation material and activities to engage the investment community. Clear and effective communication skills and professional demeanour are critical, as you will interact with executives and investors daily. In addition, this position requires creativity and a willingness to experiment, as well as exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills. As such, it is a role well suited to an individual who is curious and always willing to learn, and who can contribute to a team with a non-traditional approach to private equity.
- Identify potential investors in the target market and conduct research on their investment needs.
- Develop relationships with new prospective investors and maintain existing client relationships.
- Expand the company's investor base, with a focus on UHNW accredited investors, family offices, and direct institutional investors (endowments/foundations, pensions, insurance, etc.).
- Continuously research and evaluate new prospects, including domestic and foreign capital investment opportunities.
- Represent the firm to the market and investor community generally and conduct informational and deal-specific presentations to existing and potential investors.
- Develop and implement strategies to capture referrals from existing investor base.
- Produce professional presentation materials, design placement strategies, and disseminate company information to cultivate relationships with current and prospective investors.
- Coordinate calls and meetings with prospects investors.
- Collaborate with the firm’s Partners on fundraising priorities and goals.
- Work with internal cross-functional team members to develop and manage a highly effective capital raising campaign.
- Administer and manage customer relationship management (CRM) database and investor portal.
- Deep knowledge and robust existing network of institutional investors with a key focus on family offices and UHNW individuals.
- 7-10 years experience in a capital raising/investor relations role with previous employment at a private equity, hedge fund or venture capital firm.
- Bachelor's degree with major in finance/business preferred.
- Professional designation (MBA, CPA-CA, CFA) is an asset.
- Excellent Proficiency with Microsoft products including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent business communication (verbal and written) skills with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Comfortable networking and originating new opportunities with investors.
- Excellent understanding and practical experience working within a capital markets/investment environment or advanced understanding of private investing.
- Understanding of the global nature of private investing and the interconnectivity of capital markets.
- Collaborative working style, building strong internal and external relationships to facilitate the accurate and timely flow of information and supporting analysis.
- Ability to work harmoniously in a cross-cultural environment with colleagues in Canada and the United States.
- Strong personal presence and ability to develop trusting relationships with senior leadership and sophisticated investors.
- Proactive with proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight and shifting deadlines.
What We Offer
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young investment firm that has ambitious goals and a unique approach to private investing.
- Ability to shape and build a non-traditional investment capability with senior Partners.
- We offer all employees extended health benefits, including a 401K program.
- Flexible time off.
- We encourage and incentivize all employees to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.