The Executive Assistant is a key position that makes time, information, and decision-making more effective. The Executive Assistance enables the smooth flow of information and processes within Coeuraj’s Canadian consulting practice. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant adds to an environment of trust, team cohesion, and optimized performance. The Executive Assistant understands the importance of administrative tasks and accurate information and helps ensure that they are completed and tracked and that there are clear systems built that enable those outcomes. The ideal candidate is team-oriented, understanding the pivotal contribution their role makes for group outcomes, well organized, and is comfortable handling confidential information.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the accuracy of routine tracking documents related to expenses, travel, hiring requests, meeting requests and status of projects
- Coordinate information flows for internal briefing systems
- Coordinate and format executive briefing materials as required
- Format and distribute meeting minutes, agendas, etc.
- Assist in tracking follow up items from meetings
- Planning and booking travel
- Acting as a single point of contact for administrative requests from executives
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, executive assistant, constituency manager, or other similar positions coordinating information flows, tracking tasks and supporting executives
- College certificate or university degree in administration, information management or a related field, or equivalent job experience
- Experience using CRM systems
- Experience tracking expenditures against budgets
What You Offer
- People Skills: The ability to work with people in a way that builds trust and reduces conflict across the team
- Communications Skills: The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, especially related to tasks, organizational and administrative systems, and expectations
- Organizational Skills: The ability to manage processes, information flows, and to track tasks and deadlines
- Critical Thinking: The ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Time Management: The ability to set priorities to make efficient use of time
- Problem Solving: The ability to anticipate and resolve problems related to administrative tasks and processes
- Basic financial tracking knowledge
- Microsoft suite knowledge, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Sharepoint
- Experience with collaborative software such as Miro is an asset but is not a requirement
What We Offer in Return
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing into a unique position where we can enable real progressive change in the world.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We don’t believe in hiring for culture “fit.” We’re more interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- We encourage and incentivize all employees to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A generous annual allowance is provided to all employees in order to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace.
- We believe all systems require rest, including our organization. Therefore, we go offline for two weeks in December/January of each year, during which employees continue to receive their salary. We also offer a Flexible Time Off policy for all employees.
- We offer all employees extended health benefits, including an EAP and a Wellness Spending Account.