As the Executive Director (ED) of Sales, you will have the opportunity to lead the business development function at one of North America’s most accomplished systemic change consulting practices. You will design, build, and deliver effective business development processes and frameworks that will play a pivotal role in the company reaching its maximum potential. Working with leaders across the organization, your expertise in formulating a resilient sales strategy that achieves a healthy and forecastable pipeline of projects, partnerships, and prospective customers will be essential to the growth of the firm. You will be responsible for the creation and stewardship of a high-performing team of sales professionals dedicated to delivering on our mission and exemplifying our values.
The problems Coeuraj tackles are complex and have created a group of specialists with deep systems knowledge and networks. You will work closely with these Systems Navigators to at various stages of the sales funnel. You must be willing to face challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset, optimizing internal and external resources to present dexterous and unique value-propositions that ensure enduring client and stakeholder relationships. In true Coeuraj fashion, your job will be to implement, activate, and manage a sales strategy that supports and nurtures organization goals by connecting resources to answers, tending to new and existing relationships, and reinforcing our commitment to changing outcomes for the better. In doing so, you will be responsible for proactively invigorating diversity of both skill sets and backgrounds to co-create indispensable deal acceleration. Ultimately, your ability to motivate people to revise structures that no longer serve them will yield success.
Your day-to-day Responsibilities:
The Executive Director’s responsibilities will fall into five main buckets:
(1) Design, create and manage the deal origination process participation in RFP submission and proposal writing
- Create, administer, and implement scalable sales strategies and tactics for the organization
- Identify, evaluate, solicit, and follow-up with new leads and prospective clients through each stage of the sales funnel
- Initiate and develop new relationships with key prospects and qualify leads in partnership with other key internal stakeholders
- Design, implement and oversee and implement full sales cycle, including target research, needs analysis, pitch, closing, renewal, and upsell
- Respond to RFPs, review MSAs and other contractual agreements, and work with specific team members to write and submit proposals
(2) Identify and shape markets that Coeuraj should operate in and develop marketing collateral and sales pitches that are appropriate
- Pitch capabilities and communicate unique selling proposition based on prospect needs in partnership with other members of the consulting team
- Create and customize presentations and other sales materials by collaborating with the marketing/communications team
(3) Design team and manage talent lifecycle including employee performance management in a culture of honesty, courage, and fortitude
- Design, create and lead a highly functioning sales team that work collaboratively with marketing/communications and practice colleagues
(4) Internal data maintenance (Salesforce) and KPI reporting
- Establish and achieve revenue goals, sales KPIs and milestones
- Sales scorecards by individual, product, market, etc.
- Ensure quality and hygiene of Salesforce data is timely and accurate
(5) Shape and drive collaboration with internal teams
- Provide on-going performance reports to leadership team
- Work closely with marketing/communications, practice and systems nav colleagues to meet commercial goals of the organization
- 10+ years of experience in a B2B sales role
- 3+ years of experience leading a high-performance sales team
- Prior experience working in a management/strategic consulting firm
- Established track record of success achieving aggressive revenue and growth targets
- Knowledge and experience with RFP and proposal processes
- Expertise in using and scaling CRM solutions (Salesforce)
What you Offer:
- Success in leading revenue organizations through growth and change
- Excellence in formulating and delivering client-centered solutions
- Skilled in sourcing, identifying, and developing revenue opportunities
- Expertise in business development strategy, processes, and modeling
- A demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems, and develop a sales narrative for prospective clients
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a cross-functional environment with colleagues in in a remote setting
- Strong analytical, research, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Collaborate and motivate people to align with our mission
- Embrace processes and systems that create efficiencies and revenue opportunities
- Dedicated to over-achieving on expectations
- Are passionate about transforming systems and instilling change
- Strong people and project management skills
- Immersive curiosity and relentless pursuit of opportunity knowledge
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight and shifting deadlines
- Low ego, high self-awareness
- Have a passion for relationship building and management
What we Offer:
- The chance to be an early-joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing its capacity to enable change.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We’re interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- A generous annual allowance for staff to use to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace at home.
- The encouragement and incentive for all staff to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A flexible time-off policy that allows all staff members to take the time off they need, alongside a company-wide 2 week paid closure at the end of December.
- Extended health benefits, including a wellness spending account and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Coeuraj’s Core Values:
Each member of our team exemplifies our values. As a collective, we hold ourselves accountable to these values and the guidance they provide during times of uncertainty, difficulty, and opportunity.
Our values are:
- Courage to embrace transformation and the discomfort that comes with it.
- Honesty to do and say what's needed to reach the right solution.
- Fortitude to stay the course and remain true to the purpose of the work.
In short, we value the courage, honesty, and fortitude it takes to constantly ask: How can we do better for ourselves and for those around us?
Coeuraj is committed to cultivating an inclusive and diverse organization, and encourages anyone interested in the work we do to apply. We believe in creating an accessible and inclusive interview experience. Please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make to assist you during the interview process.
Due to the high number of applicants, we’ll only be contacting shortlisted candidates but thank in advance all those who apply.
If you are interested in further exploring this opportunity, please apply with your cover letter and resume to get the conversation started.