The Product Manager will play a central role in gaining a deep understanding of the needs and challenges with virtual transformational collaboration and provide actionable insights that will shape and deliver solutions to meet these needs. The successful candidate will work closely with customers and the software engineering team to identify and prioritize products and feature development. This is a role suited to someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who has five or more years of product management experience in a software development context and has launched products into the market. This position will require creativity and a willingness to learn and experiment and is well suited to someone who is curious about technology and how people collaborate to solve deep, complex problems.
Your Day-to-day Responsibilities:
- Working with customers to understand their needs and pain points
- Translating customer needs into product features
- Using design and systems thinking frameworks to conceptualize product features
- Managing product roadmap
- Working closely with the software engineering team to build and deliver software products and features
- Collaborating with sales and customer support teams to collect feedback to guide future product iterations.
- Analyzing market and technology trends to create new offerings with strong value propositions for customers
What You Offer:
- Five or more years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- Experience in driving the strategy and delivery of a product from market validation to launch
- Excellent business and strategic planning acumen, including portfolio roadmap planning and product profitability definition
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills. Comfortable working with executives, customers, sales teams and software development teams
- Excellent analytical, program management and release management skills and a demonstrated ability to meet tight and shifting deadlines
- Proactivity with a proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working with software development teams to define product requirements and prioritize and groom feature backlogs
- Experience with user-centric design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You will analyze the market and competitive conditions and establish a vision and strategic product direction that delivers unique value based on customer needs.
- You will build strong relationships with customers, the marketing team and the development team to foster trust and communication in service of the overall product vision.
- You will conceptualize and prioritize the build-out of new product offerings and features.
- You will commercialize new product offerings, monitor key product performance. metrics and KPIs and adjust product strategies to achieve performance metrics.
What we Offer in Return:
- The opportunity to focus your work on transforming systems to enable biosphere integrity and build new models for working, thinking, living and being.
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing into a unique position where we can enable real progressive change in the world.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We don’t believe in hiring for culture “fit.” We’re more interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- We encourage and incentivize all employees to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A generous annual allowance is provided to all employees in order to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace.
- We believe all systems require rest, including our organization. Therefore, we go offline for two weeks in December/January of each year, during which employees continue to receive their salary. Each employee also earns three weeks of paid time off per year and paid personal days to use as they see fit.
- We offer all employees extended health benefits, an EAP, and a Wellness Spending Account.
Because we understand that great relationships are not formed overnight, we take the time needed to get to know each other honestly. Hiring the right person in the right role at the right time is a process that can’t be rushed.
We cannot contact each individual that applies for positions in our organization, so only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.