For a better future to emerge, we need a new approach that unlocks the human potential for transformation living inside each and every one of us. Are you ready to join Coeuraj to enable this change as our new Senior Data Scientist?
In the role of Data Scientist, you will join our Collaboration Data Science team— our transdisciplinary research team dedicated to the goal of developing data informed intelligence that helps understand, facilitate, and design human collaboration.
The successful candidate will be able to work with behavioral scientists, data humanists, data engineers, and information designers to develop new use cases that achieve this goal and work with engineers to productionize them. This is a role suited to someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about the opportunity to use data that captures complex human behaviors and is comfortable with natural language processing. Ideally, this person has three or more years of experience.
How You’ll Have Impact
- You will use your data science skills to unlock the power of social and behavioral data to make visible the systems people are embedded in, and the perspectives held in existing mental models and world views.
- To develop and scale these solutions, you will work with clients who are major stakeholders in solving issues of global importance through high impact projects.
- You will help define the culture and frameworks for future team members.
- You will be furthering global knowledge on the subject of collaboration through co-authored research papers, conference talks, and content creation.
- Together, we shape outcomes that can have long-lasting and transformative impacts on individual people, their organizations and communities, and quite possibly the world.
What You’ll Learn
- A multi-disciplinary approach to the science of human collaboration by working with a team of experts each of whom brings a different lens to understand the subject.
- The cutting-edge practices of bringing insights from psychology and behavior science into the industry.
- Experience the full stack development of data science ecosystem from scratch.
- Collaborate with some of the best change-makers in the world on systemic issues that are both complex and important
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- You will identify and develop solutions that use behavioural data including natural language, gestures, facial expressions etc.
- You will design experiments to validate our hypothesis and tools across various conditions.
- You will test innovative technologies to gather and analyze behavioral data.
- You will develop algorithms to automate ETL requirements for NLP modelling
- Train ML models that use behavioral data to unlock insights about mental models and behavior patterns.
- You will work with psychologists and data humanists to co-create novel ontologies that describe human interactions in digital and non-digital spaces
- As a member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
What You Offer:
- 5-7 years of experience working in various aspects of data science including experimentation and statistical analysis and a basic understanding of machine learning.
- Hands-on experience analyzing natural language data
- Understanding of NLP concepts like pre-processing, topic modelling, word2vec, semantic similarity, etc.
- Proficiency with relational databases and JSON data structures.
- Demonstrated skills with Python or R. Experience with NLP libraries like SpaCy, nltk, wordnet, Gensim is ideal along with experience with NLP transformers. (Ideally have a github space to share)
- Ideally, an experience with 3rd party APIs like Reddit, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. An advanced degree in psychology, behavioral science, or related fields is ideal.
- An interest in humanizing data and using data to understand human systems.
- Passion towards research and developing technologies that help people understand each other better.
What We Offer:
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing its capacity to enable change.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We’re interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- A generous annual allowance for staff to use to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace at home.
- The encouragement and generous annual allowance for team members to use for their learning and growth.
- An unlimited time-off policy that allows all staff members to take the time off they need, alongside a company-wide 2-week paid closure at the end of December.
- Extended health benefits, including a wellness spending account and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Coeuraj’s Core Values:
Each member of our team exemplifies our values. As a collective, we hold ourselves accountable to these values and the guidance they provide during times of uncertainty, difficulty, and opportunity.
Our values are:
- Courage to embrace transformation and the discomfort that comes with it.
- Honesty to do and say what's needed to reach the right solution.
- Fortitude to stay the course and remain true to the purpose of the work.
In short, we value the courage, honesty, and fortitude it takes to constantly ask: How can we do better for ourselves and for those around us?
This is a remote position based out of Canada.
Coeuraj is committed to cultivating an inclusive and diverse organization and encourages anyone interested in the work we do to apply. We believe in creating an accessible and inclusive interview experience. Please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make to assist you during the interview process.
Due to the high number of applicants, we’ll only be contacting shortlisted candidates, but thank all those who apply in advance.