The solutions to the world's emerging challenges will require collaboration across sectors, perspectives, and lived experiences.
Connection Points is a report series by Coeuraj that explores the systems-level challenges faced by society and considers how to design a path forward.
This series examines the three key areas to creating a shared future: a healthy planet, a resilient society and a regenerative economy. Each report contains three elements:
- Signals: The narratives, headlines, and data points creating patterns and trends
- Sentiments: Collaborators from the larger Coeuraj network sharing their insights
- Considerations from the Coeuraj Transformation Design team on how to design solutions for the identified challenges.
Evolving Practices in Organizational DEI
In our collective pursuit to enable and a resilient society, creating the opportunities for individuals to thrive is imperative to our success. As such, how we create platforms for opportunity within organizations and institutions will serve as a key driver to this work.
After decades of progression in organizational DEI strategy and planning in North America, we’ve made great strides in creating awareness and foundation for workplace equity. However, there’s still much more work to be done as we continue to learn and understand the different experiences of marginalized groups. As we collectively build upon the momentum established, this report explores the following key questions:
- What are today’s biggest DEI challenges, opportunities and priorities?
- In our modern workplace, what do organizations need to account for in their BDEI planning?
- What is the next challenge in front of us, and what do we need to test and explore?
- How can we design better practices to address these gaps?